Saturday, August 2, 2008

1st Week of Radiation Complete

Five down 12 to go. Overall not a bad week although I am starting to feel somewhat of a sore throat. It actually feels like the start of a sore throat and only on the left side, which is the side that did not have an enlarged lymph node. Strange. Also have slight color on my neck but not to the point of a burn. I got really tired this week too. Very strange how the fatigue set in. It's a feeling of pure exhaustion. No energy to speak of. I didn't have that during chemo, although I was tired. It was a different tired. Appetite is decreasing but I'm okay with that due to some weight gain during chemo. I think my hair has stopped falling out and is actually starting to thicken up. I know it will take several months but as long as it's growing, I'm good with it. Eyebrows are a bit slow. Figures the one thing I really do want to hurry up and grow doesn't. Oh well. Patience, patience, patience.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Annie,
Another one down, one less to go. I'm sorry for the side effects you are going to have to deal with. I know that isn't very pleasant but it won't last forever thank goodness.
As for the exhaustion you have I can relate to that. even though I don't have anything to deal with like you do this terrible old Fibromyalgia that I deal with on a daily basis kicks my butt. I don't have the overwhelming exhaustion every single day but when I do it just takes away everything I've got. I have it to some extent every day as I do the pain but some days are just so much worse than others so I can relate a bit to some of what you are going through. Unfortunately you may have a worse sore thraot before you're done with the tx but it will be temporary so hang in there girl. If you ever need to talk aout it let me know. I am always here for you. But as I said, it's getting closer to the end and you cna party soon. Hope you have a good restful night.

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and hope all continues to go well!!!! I'll see you when I get back to TN in 3 1/2 months...when Brian comes back. :)

Hugs,
Kathi