Saturday, August 9, 2008

10 Down 7 to Go

Over half way with radiation...yeah! I'm now a member of the sore throat club. Eating soft foods in very small bites. As the nurse said, I've got a sun burn on the inside. If you tilt your
head back and press where the adams apple would be, that's the location of the soreness. In the mornings it doesn't hurt much at all but as soon as I eat or drink, game on. They gave me some
"magic mouthwash" which taste absolutely awful. It's suppose to numb my throat so I can eat without so much pain. I have a choice of taking 1 or 2 tbls, so I chose the smaller amount. The only thing that got numb was my tongue. That was different! I guess I'll have to try 2 tbls to see if it effects my throat. I can only imagine how my tongue will feel. I also found out I have to wait six weeks before any tests are run which means the CT/PET scans scheduled 9/24 will move out a week. Fine with me. I don't want inaccurate test readings. Overall I feel okay. I'm very excited this is almost over.

No comments: