Thursday, June 12, 2008

Waiting for Results

Completed the CT scan and PET scan. No results yet. Tuesday, 6/17, will be the big day. Treatment #7 and confirmation on the next step. Praying hard for good news. The chemo is wearing me down. Mentally, I feel strong but physically it's getting tough. Side effects are lasting longer. Sleeping helps so I'm doing more of that. Taking the pain meds but they don't always work. Laying down in a dark, cool room, listening to relaxation or healing music seems to help. All the years spent in Martial Arts have paid off. Though not physically defending myself, I am mentally. Was fortunate to have another Reiki treatment with Mary the other day. That's always a huge help. Thanks Mary! You're in my prayers as you travel and put closure to your situation. Via email, I signed up to receive a positive quote each day. The one below seems to really fit my situation. Pam...I know you'll enjoy this one.

Faith Is Knowing One of Two Things...
When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it is time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.

Edward Teller

4 comments:

Pam said...

Good morning Annie,
Waiting for results is always so hard but I feel it will be good news. You are right I did like that quote it's beautiful! It's inspiring and I will write it down to keep. I have a little somthig for you as well but it may be Monday before we get it to you. I really want you to have it as soon as possible so we may have to bring it to Ricky to give you over the weekend. Now this may sound a little off the wall but Jesus wanted me to give it to you. You will understand when you see it and you won't think I'm losing it by saying Jesus wanted you to have it. Sorry to sound so mysterious but I want it to be a surprise. I think you and Ricky will both enjoy and appreciate it, it's for both of you actually. I know you aren't feeling up to having company so if we do bring it to Ricky we won't come in and disturb you for now. We'll wait for a visit when you are ready for that. I just really want you to have this little present and like I said, Jesus does too. In the meantime I'm praying for you to have more physical strength and to feel much better. Hang in there, Jesus loves you and so do we!

Jo Anne said...

Annie, Thinking of you daily. Faith is one of the hardest things to have as we don't always know what it will bring. God is amazing and always has a plan. Sometimes I just wish he wouldn't give us so many tests. I am not that good with tests!!! You have a great support system who loves you a lot. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go toward the next path. God Bless You and Yours. Jo Anne

Pam said...

Hey Annie,
Hope you're having a good start this morning. I wanted to tell you that your present is going to be delayed a bit. I was so disapointed when I found out you won't have it sooner but it's not anything I can help. Anyway you guys will like it when it does come. At least I think you will. Remember to get your hugs from Jesus today and I'll talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Annie. I had no idea the challenges you have been facing. Since we moved away to Dallas, Eddie and I and the girls have really gotten disconnected with our folks in Clarksville. Jo Ann told me about everything on Saturday morning and sent me your blog address. Eddie and I are both thinking of you. It took me awhile to read just the current posts for the tears flowing down my face. I will pray for you daily and more. You are such an inspiration with your writings! The girls have grown so much! Here's a mental hug and know we're thinking about you.