Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Doing Better

Well, for those of you who have never just sat in an empty church, you should try it. A very healing experience. I feel much better than the last posting and feel like I'm back on the right path. Pam....you're an angel! Thank you for your very inspiring words and prayers. I feel like I have my second wind. No treatment today. I didn't notice the appointment date but it's tomorrow. No openings today. Good news too. That means I'm one day closer to the next treatment. Shelby, my youngest daughter, gave me a new bandanna. It has skulls and flames all over it. Think I might wear that tomorrow just to be different. If nothing else it will make me smile knowing I can push the envelope. Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Corneice said...

Hi Annie. I'm so glad you are doing better. Just catching up on your blog, but you are in my prayers always. I understand why you are thanking Pam after reading her comments. I send thanks to Pam as well. She was able to put in words what many of us feel. Her words blessed me as well. You will be victorious.

Pam said...

Annie, and Corneice too, I am so glad that what I said was a help to both of you. I just said what was in my heart. Sometimes the terrible things that life overwhelms us with seem impossible to deal with but we just have to draw on our strength that the Lord gives us to get through it. When our faith wavers ( and everyones does sometimes )we have to try hard to get it back. Hopefully that is when the faith of our friends can help.
Annie I have sat in our church by myself many times and it is such a peaceful feeling. You know the Lord is there with you and it is strengthening. I'm so happy you got comfort from doing that too. If you ever need someone to go along with you just give me a call.
In the meantime, keep hanging in there and you should be able to feel all the prayers going up for you all the time. On one of your lower points just close your eyes and imagine Jesus putting his arms around you and holding you. Because he really does you know and it really helps.