Wednesday, June 4, 2008

#6 done - how many to go?

6 treatments down, not sure how many are left. Met with the doc today. Lung test came back such that the bleo (B) of the ABVD drugs was removed due to the lower lung volume. The heart test came back fine. In a month, we'll do another lung test to see how much has healed. At that time we'll see if the bleo is added back in. She also stated the lymph node on my neck was gone to the touch, which is great. The one under my arm is the same way. That's great news. Friday I'll have a CT scan of my chest and stomach. The chest part is normal which is to see how the chemo and cancer have reacted to each other. The stomach test is a safety test to make sure nothings going on other than a chemo side effect. I've been having a burning feeling about a week after treatments that last several days. Always the same time frame lasting the about three days. Next Wednesday, I'll have a PET scan. Also a normal test to see how the cancer and chemo have reacted to each other. When I go back for treatment #7, June 17th, we'll see if I get a few more chemo's or go to radiation after the 8th treatment. The way I understand this is, the purpose of chemo is to kill the cancer cells and shrink the masses as much as possible. Radiation is basically clean up on the masses. I'll also have another PET scan after the last chemo, whenever that is, along with a several week break before radiation. Here's the really good news! Two weekends after my last chemo, I can have a margarita! Doc said it was okay as long as I didn't get drunk. So, JD.....it's on baby! Looking forward to a double. So my feelings today are back in check. I'm okay with some more chemo if that's what it takes to kill the cancer and hopefully help reduce the radiation experience. That part is worrying me a little with those possible side effects. One day at a time though. Doing good mentally. A little tired physically but nothing new. The next visit will be a big deal. At least we'll know more on the future. So until then, hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Thanks for your continued support and prayers.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Annie,
It's going to be good news from the tests because all the prayers are going up for it. We saw Ricky Wed. night and he was telling us about you getting to have the Margerita's, yeaaaa. I know it will feel good to just let yourself relax a little while and not deal with all the crap. But when you're through with all of it, Chemo and Rads then you can really kick back. It's closer than you think. I'm willing it to happen real soon as well as praying for it. Just believe!
Well got to run cause we have the Grandkids now and they kick out butts! Wish I had a fouth of thier energy. They go from daylight to dark like electricity,ha. Hang in there and I'll give you a call soon.

Mary V. said...

Hi! Thinking of you. We'll get together soon. Love, Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie, you're a fighter so don't lose your faith. God is good. Take care,

Patricia

Pam said...

Hey Annie,
Hope you're having a good start to your week. I've been thinking about you and wondering how your test results from Friday came out. I've been praying for the best results possible. Keep us posted.