Tuesday, May 20, 2008

3 More to go

5th treatment complete....over the hump and on the down slide. I have to admit it's a bit more challenging for me now. Not only the physical side effects but mentally as well. I find myself just angry at the world. If anyone has input on the psychological aspects of anger and chemo, I'm all ears. I know how lucky I am to only be dealing with my type/stage of cancer but enough is enough. I know this journey has a purpose and I'm headed down the path to figure out why. And though I'm not suppose to wish for anything, I am ready for this to be over. I'm ready to be healed. If cancer was a person, hurt doesn't come close to what I'd do to them. Today doc said the node in my neck was practically undetectable. Same with the one under my arm. Great news! I've got another lung test tomorrow and echo cardiogram Thursday. Precautionary tests. Also got another drug for burning in tummy. Hopefully it works. Overall I'm doing fine. Over anxious but that's in my nature. Celebrated my birthday last week. Wasn't too bad of a day. Nice and sunny. Also watched my girls get inducted into the National Junior Honor Society for their middle school. I'm so proud of them for doing so well. I have awesome kids. Not much else to report. Thanks for your continued support and prayers. It keeps me going.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Belated birthday Annie! Wish I'd known so I could have sent a card on time.
As for the anger issues, you have every right to be angry and it's directed at the right thing, the CA. If you wnat to redirect it a bit then turn it into more determination towards complete healing that we both know you will soon have. Your attitude has been great so don't feel bad about some anger but do keep imagining total obliteration of evey singe CA cell! It is happeniing at this very moment! Hang in there girl, the end of all the hard crap is near and happier times and feeling good is almost here!

dek said...

Annie,
Stand strong and hold your head up high and don't worry a bit about your feelings. I am glad to see you are human and are allowing your feeling to come on out and get them out of the way. That is what your friends are here for. We need you to remember that. Listen: Each week I hear more CA cells saying good by and hello to a healthy Annie. You have come a long way girl and the end is near, remember we will all be hanging right with you until then. :)

Anonymous said...

Annie, hang in there. You have made it this far and you are winning the battle. The feelings you have about this attacker are exactly the same as anyone would have when someone or something does this to loved ones -- or anyone, for that matter. The feeling you have should make you determined to win and will bring you closer and closer to victory as long as you stay focused, which is the difficult thing. Just remember to tell those around you that the anger and determination is aimed at the attacker and not them. We are pulling for you and everyone there, so remember that. Love to you, Ric and the girls, Uncle Bob & Aunt Linda