Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday 4/22/08 - Chemo#3 Complete

What a great day! Blood work came back good. WBC's are up, way up, from last visit so the shot is working. Iron pills are kicking in to hold RBC's in place. Chemo juice went well too. Feeling really good today. Getting my hair buzzed over the weekend has made all the difference. One less thing to worry about. I watched Good Morning America today and saw Robyn Roberts without her wig. What a beautiful woman and more power to her. I was chearing from the couch! My hair is about that short. Seeing her on national tv was very encouraging. What a great example for all cancer patients. I have to share an experience from today's Chemo. Ric is sick so not able to go in with me today. He played cab driver and was not there to keep me quite. Each time I go in, there are a few others who are on the same schedule as I. One imparticular is a man, not elderly, but a little older, who seems to find the negative side of treatment each week and share with me. Well, I really don't want to hear about the negative side. I know what they are. I've tried to be pleasant but today we had to chat. Don't worry, I was nice (really I was). But I can't just sit by idle while he stirs everyone up within ear shot. He asked me how many treatments I've had, which this was the third. I asked him the same. He replies 12 total with today being #7. I reply that's great. You're half way done. He looked at me like I was nuts! His reply was "Great!" then made some goofy noise. I looked at him and said listen...it could be worse. You could NOT be receiving treatment. At least you're being treated. Where's the faith! Where's your will to get better?! Well needless to say that conversation ended. We did talk later but not about that. I'm telling you. Cancer Rebel here........you sit on my row and you will have hope....you will have faith......and we will kick Cancer's Ass! Nothing less is acceptable. Maybe I can help turn him around. I was very fortunate to also sit next to some good friends. Kay and Joel were there for Joel's last chemo while having 3 more rad's to completion. Great job Joel! Hang in there. Kay and Joel were here when Ric and I joined the unit. Kay was one of the wives who "groomed" me to be a Lady Nightstalker. Awesome lady! Please keep them in your prayers as he completes and heals from his treatments. We definitely will have a hell of party when this is over. Well my friends and family, not much else to report this time. 5 more treatments! Woo Hoo. Almost half way. Thank you for your continued support and prayers. It's all working. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Corneice said...

Great job, Annie! Continue to share with the negative gentleman. It sounds like he needs some positive in his life. Maybe he doesn't know the strength of our Master. Not suggesting you preach to him, but a favorite pastor of mine wrote a poem called, "I'd rather see a sermon than to hear one." I'm not a great speaker, so I like to remember that one. Your strength and positive attitude just might wear this guy down! I'm so proud you are doing well. I pray for you often. I'll also add the un-named gentleman to my prayers, as well. I'm trying to keep a watch on 'our Mom'. Of course, she is not old enough to be my Mom, but those qualities just come out strong. Stay tuff, girl.

Pam said...

Good for you Annie! Than man needs to hear what you said and maybe God placed you there with him for that very reason. you may be the hope he hasn't had before. Keep up the good work. Some people are just naturally pessimistic ad need to be around positive attitudes to help them. What you told him not only helps him but the others that heard what you said.
It's good that you and joe are sharing your experience together, it always helps to have someone you know understand your situation. I am praying for the day when you both are ready for that big party of celebration to hurry up and get here! It will arrive before we know it! In the meantime stay strong and keep up that wonderful positive attitude you have, it really does help! Your scarf looks so cute!!!! All you need now is a Harley to hop on. Praying for every day to be as good as this one!
love ya,
Pam

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!! I am not surprised by the attitude in your fight with cancer. It does not know WHO it has messed with! You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a very strong woman that will tackle everything with all you have. Continue with the 'tude. May God bless you, your family, and those around you. Sending a BIG HUG to you!! Love ya lots. Jo Anne McKee in Louisiana

dek said...

I am glad to see #3 is behind you. This is what your name means to me.
A-- is for ATTITUDE which you have every day to get you through and make you a stronger person.
N-- is for NEVER giving up and staying strong to say I am going to beat this.
N-- is for NERVES of steel that you have every Tuesday.
I-- is for INTELLIGENCE that you have for being who you are and dealing with each and every day that God gives you.
E—is for ENGERY that you find every day to get up and get your day started with family & friends that love and stand beside you.
A.N.N.I.E.
A strong name that I am proud to say is a friend, co-worker and an inspiring human being that gives everyone around her a reason to smile.
Thank you Annie. :)

Anonymous said...

I am really missing you at work. It's so quite here(he,he).

Yes You Can
No matter what the task may be,
How hard the course you face;
Believe that you have what it takes to run life's toughest race.

Love Ya!
Monica