Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday 3/24/08

This is my first blog so hopefully somewhat easy to keep updated. Thought this would be a good way to keep everyone updated on my progress with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Never thought I'd be dealing with cancer but who does? Today I had a Port installed. Tomorrow, as my friend Tony stated, is "the first day of the rest of my life!" I start chemo. For those who wish to Google what I'm going through, the chemo drugs are ABVD. Pretty aggressive but overall successful with this type of cancer. I also find out the results of a bone marrow test, done last Monday. This will not only determine the stage of the cancer but the final treatment plan. If the bone marrow is clean, meaning no cancer, I'll go through 4 cycles of chemo, each cycle being 4 weeks, with one treatment every 2 weeks. Radiation would follow but I haven't met with them yet so not sure about the details. If the bone marrow comes back showing cancer, then there will be no radiation but 6-8 months of chemo. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Overall I feel good, strong, and positive all will work out. I appreciate everyone's support and prayers. I've been so overwhelmed by the number of people who care. Everyone has been wonderful. Thank you!! Your support gives me the strength to deal with this. As I've said before, I have a dance with the devil and I intend to win. So bring it on Mr D! My partner is much greater than you....that would be God....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed...very cool blog. Thinkin of you always.