Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First Chemo Treatment

Well, one down and seven to go. What an experience today. Sitting in the chemo chair for the first time was a huge reality check. I couldn't stop my eyes from tearing up. I knew this was coming and thought I was prepared. I don't think anyone can every be 100% prepared to feel what I felt today. But I made it. Doc said my bone marrow is good which means no cancer. Yes!! Huge relief. The chemo treatments are made up of 4 cycles. Each cycle is 4 weeks with each treatment every two weeks. Looks like my day is Tuesday. So that means every other Tuesday will be a chemo treatment. So far I feel good. Taking it easy today and listening to my body. I've slept a little and just chilled with Ric. He's such a comfort for me. The girls are doing well too. Got my first order of hats/scarfs today. Just in time too. Chemo nurse says my hair could start coming out by the next visit, which is 4/8/08. That will be another experience for me. But, I'll get through that too. Everyone's prayers, support, care, and concern has been just amazing. That along with my prayers has really given me the strength to deal with this. I still feel strong and especially blessed. Saying thank you just doesn't seem enough but Thank You!

4 comments:

burt said...

Annie,
I'm sure you know Craig Morgan's song "Tough" I think of you when I play it. You are one tough girl with a great attitude and much to look forward too! Good luck with the treatments you will be back in no time!
Your friend,
Burt

Bob said...

Hey Chic,

I am so glad to hear your great news about the bone marrow. You are one tough cookie and you will get through this I am sure. I tell you what, I've seen you dance and I've seen you fight, Ole' Mr D. better watch out!

Bob

Christel&Bryan said...

Hey Lady,
Well I've known you for 10 years and you're one tough girl. Stay positive, keep fighting and just know God will give you strength. I may be all the way in Florida, but I'm praying for you!

Unknown said...

Hey Mom,

I hope you get better real fast!

I Love You!

Shelby