Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Almost There

Tomorrow I go for my 3 month PET/CT scans. The results will be given Monday. To say I'm a little anxious is a huge understatement. The main thought in my head is the saying, If God brought it to you, he'll bring you through it. I definitely have all my eggs in that basket. I feel pretty good. Been tired lately. Had my first follow up with the Radiation doc last week. It went pretty good. He told me not to be surprised if my scans reveal a "false positive" which is due to just completing treatment. I'm really glad he told me that. I can't imagine the melt down I would have had to hear that as a test result with no prior warning. I was a little disappointed that could happen but at least I know. We also discussed how the docs tell what a "false positive" is, etc. Work is going well. I still have moments of idle time that I'm not use to. I also feel there's a bigger plan for me but I'm not sure what or where that will be. Things just aren't the same anymore. One thing I do notice is how beautiful each day is and how blessed I am to enjoy it. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God. Both of my girls are trying out for basketball. This will be Shelby's first year and Paige's second. I'm really excited for both of them and can't wait to see both on the court playing. What a rush that will be. I tend to get a little excited when my kids play sports. Not much else going on right now. More news on Monday.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Annie, I wrote about three paragraphs the other day and should have checked to see that it posted ok. I was having trouble with my service going in and out and didn't check. I got back on here later to see that it didn't show up. SO I will repeat myself.
I've been praising the Lord for the news that we expected and taht you recieved. Although it was expected it was a joy to actually hear. I know for you it was a new beginning. Don't you worry one bit about disapointing God, he knows your heart and how much you want to please him. He has seen you through the worst of times and he knows how thankful you, your family and friends are to him. God has plans for you so just go with the flow and let him lead you where he wants you to be.
These life changing experiences do make a difference in us all. When we went through ours last year it seemed like the time drug by but we put all our faith in the Lord and trusted him to take care of everything and he did. Now we appreciate everything in a different way and we are always thankful. I know you Rick and the girls are doing that now too.
Finally you can relax and enjoy life being healthy. You sure have been through the mill and challenged. You came through with a strength and determination to be admired. Thank you for letting me share your experience through your blog. I wish you nothing but good health and happiness from here on! God bless you Rick and the girls! You ahve a wonderful future ahead!

Pam said...

Ok, I'm not quite up to being over this crud I've been trying to get rid of after all. I checked in here just now and saw that what I wrote the other dy is here after all, just on another post. Well that is ok too because it doesn't hurt for me to repeat how thankful I am that you are healed! And it never hurts to repeat praises to the LOrd.